DC Promise Neighborhood Initiative (DCPNI) is the hub of a comprehensive effort to end intergenerational poverty in the District of Columbia’s Ward 7 Kenilworth-Parkside community. Founded in 2008 and operational since 2013, DCPNI leverages multiple public, private and community resources to support children from cradle to career, through education and developmental support; and to support parents in strengthening their ability to transfer knowledge, skills, values, and wealth to their children. Partners include neighborhood public and charter schools, resident leaders, community and faith-based organizations, federal government agencies, funders, corporations, small businesses and more than 30 programs and services. DCPNI is one of 12 organizations nationwide selected to receive a Promise Neighborhood implementation grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
This Statement of Work seeks an experienced, creative, highly organized writer and communications consultant knowledgeable in DC metro area media and public affairs. The scope of work includes developing messaging to increase public awareness and support of DCPNI’s mission and vision, drafting compelling informational materials, and recommending and launching a media relations strategy.
STATEMENT OF WORK
- Work with DCPNI leadership to develop top-line messaging.
- Draft materials for an information packet such as a general fact sheet, an outcomes-oriented fact sheet, and chronology.
- Interview stakeholders and draft testimonials to use on multiple platforms.
- Identify compelling stories that bring DCPNI’s work to life relating to community members, staff, partners, donors and volunteers; conduct interviews; draft stories to use on multiple platforms.
- Develop strategy and content for regular email blasts and/or electronic newsletter.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to DCPNI website and content as applicable for selected recommendations.
- Strengthen DCPNI’s social media strategy including providing content for issue-oriented posts on the organization’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms.
- Develop press list.
- Draft press release on DCPNI’s Neighborhood Survey and School Climate Survey and pitch to target media.
- Draft posts about the Surveys for DCPNI’s social media platforms.
- Identify opportunities to bring media to Kenilworth/Parkside to see DCPNI’s work firsthand and pitch to target media representatives.
Terms & Costs
DCPNI will select the writer/communications consultant for the period of performance through March 30, 2016. Contract service date will commence as early as September 15, 2015 and as late as October 1, 2015. Quotation should outline areas of expertise and hourly rates to perform the assortment of the duties outlined in this Statement of Work. Please include three writing samples: a fact sheet or brochure, a human interest story, and a press release.
If you have questions or concerns, please direct them to:
Chief Sustainability Officer
DC Promise Neighborhood Initiative
Responses due by COB, September 25, 2015 to Ms. Bird via e-mail.