About the Position:
The Data and Evaluation Specialist II will assist DCPNI in measuring the effectiveness of programming delivered to Kenilworth-Parkside residents. The Data and Evaluation Specialist II should possesses specialized skills for working with data, designing and analyzing surveys, developing theories of change and logic models, and, training others in the use of data and information for decision making. In addition, the Specialist II should have prior experience working in nonprofit or public/charter school settings.
The Data and Evaluation Specialist’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate data entry efforts for internal and partner programming
- Analyze data sets to help determine the effectiveness of initiatives offered in the Kenilworth-Parkside community.
- Track organizational impact indicators and produce monthly DCPNI Pulse Report for internal stakeholders.
- Generate reports that can be distributed to partner organizations and the general public.
- Assist with developing systems to aid data collection, storage, and shredding; and consent form maintenance.
- Assist Data and Evaluation Manager with developing and refining logic models / theories of change for programming delivered in Kenilworth-Parkside.
- Assist with identifying data collection tools, methodology, and instruments that assess the effectiveness of programming delivered by partner organizations and DCPNI.
- Assist DCPNI staff in the collection, aggregation, and reporting of community and DCPNI data for a variety of audiences.
- Represent DCPNI in local and national meetings on issues relating to data, measurement, and evaluation as necessary.
- Other tasks as stipulated by the Manager and/or Director of Data and Evaluation that support DCPNI’s work in the Kenilworth-Parkside community.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or higher strongly preferred. Additional preference for graduate degree in the following (or related fields): public policy, nonprofit management, mathematics, statistics, economics, urban studies, or sociology.
- At least two years of experience working in a related field or position, including (but not limited to): internal / non-profit evaluation, research and evaluation consulting, nonprofit management, statistical analysis.
- Strong knowledge and background in client relationship management or performance management software systems. Very strong preference given to candidates with experience in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) software. Additional preference given to candidates that are certified as ETO Administrators or certified in ETO Results.
- Very strong skills in Excel. Strong skills in MS Office applications. Prior experience working with statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, or Stata preferred
- Prior experience in survey design and survey administration.
- Prior experience in training or providing technical assistance to adult staff, teachers, school administrators, or community members.
- Prior experience developing logic models for organizations or programs to be evaluated.
- Prior experience conducting qualitative research, including experience leading focus groups and interviews for research or data collection purposes.
- Prior experience conducting quantitative research, including experience collecting, cleaning, coding, and analyzing data sets.
- Excellent organizational skills, creativity, and self-confidence, and the ability to multi-task and manage projects, in a motivated, effective way required.
- Should have a strong interest in one or more of the following topics: community building and neighborhood revitalization, education, economic development, youth development, or performance management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of community based groups and partner organizations is essential.
- Prior experience working in nonprofit or community based organizations strongly preferred.
The Data and Evaluation Specialist will report directly to DCPNI’s Director of Data and Evaluation.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter with salary preferences and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Data and Evaluation Specialist II” in the email subject line. Phone calls and emails to DCPNI staff will not be accepted.
DCPNI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.