DC Promise Neighborhood Initiative (DCPNI) is seeking a Financial Procurement Analyst to support the work of the organization. This position will be responsible for facilitating the procurement and logistics aspects of DCPNI’s program activities. Working closely with program, finance and operations the Financial Procurement Analyst is instrumental in supporting program projects and events through his/her services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possesses and maintains a full understanding of local and federal procurement regulations as well as DCPNI’s procurement policies and formats and procedures. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies
- Engages program and office staff on a regular basis to assist with coordinating, planning and initiating with procurement activities for program implementation
- Ensures fair competition and strictly adheres to DCPNI’s rules and governmental procurement regulations regarding the procurement of goods and services
- Interacts with vendors to collect quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager – as per DCPNI’s standards and formats
- Coordinates with Program and Operations on the selection and awards of vendor and partnership agreements
- Creates clear and understandable purchase requests with appropriate supporting documentation;
- Monitors purchases to ensure expenses are in compliance with terms of restricted funding
- Use DCPNI credit card to make purchases and complete weekly credit card reports.
- Assists Program and Operations management with asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and notify the appropriate staff on receipts of assets.
- Reconciles purchases to budget reports
- Verify funding availability on vendor accounts by reconciling transactions to contracts and budget reports
- Track Department of Education and restricted funding budgets monthly and advise Grants & Compliance Manager and program leads whether spending is on track or over or under budget
- Work with Comptroller and Grants & Compliance Manager to reforecast budget
- Code expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing quotes/invoice/expense reports
- Monitor and verifies scheduling and invoicing; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; advises when purchase order or contract amendments are needed; audits contract files to insure all required exhibits are fully completed and up-to-date
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired.
- Minimum 3 year experiences in procurement and/or fiscal management.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with individuals of different backgrounds, small and large vendors, and the communities DCPNI serves.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Strong computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter with salary preferences and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Financial Procurement Analyst” in the email subject line. Phone calls and emails to DCPNI staff will not be accepted.