Job Title: Lead Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Chief of Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary Reporting to the Chief of Staff the Lead Communications Coordinator will spearhead communications efforts to elevate DCPNI’s local, regional, and national presence and increase engagement in the organization’s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop compelling and powerful messaging to promote DCPNI’s brand and attract widespread engagement and investment of resources in its mission.
- Develop content for DCPNI’s website, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, reports, press releases, op-eds and other public facing platforms.
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the organization’s social content.
- Coordinate media outreach and respond to requests from the media in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and manage opportunities for DCPNI leadership to speak publically promoting the organization’s mission at local, regional and national events. Assist in writing speech content as requested.
- Manage tracking and reporting on all communications activities including maintaining media archives and effective databases for stakeholder outreach.
- Develop and execute internal communications to keep staff and board members informed and engaged, and promote alignment of effort within the organization. Plan marketing and branding objectives in order to drive all aspect overall and direct marketing
- Prepare marketing strategies in collaboration with key staff
- Analyze trends and recommend changes to marketing and business development strategies based on analysis and feedback
- Prepare and adhere to budgets
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing materials.
- Design print ads, publications, and promotional items
- Ensure brand messages are consistent.
- Test, nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Engage external stakeholders on social media.
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Lead all areas of content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Take calculated risks based on data-driven analytics.
- Drive overall CRM and direct marketing.
- Engage other organizations within the community.
- Collaborate with sales and sourcing to develop strategic partnership activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader
This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- BA from a four-year college or university, preferably in communications or public relations
- 5-7 plus years’ experience in communications
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter of concepts and ideas
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self- motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accommodate unexpected changes and ambiguity that occur from time to time in nascent organizations such as DCPNI
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with youth, families and neighborhoods in Wards 7 or 8 a plus
COMPETENCIES To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Produces effective communication materials in high demand environment. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Oral/Written Communication – Analyzes large amounts of data, determines relevancy, spots emerging trends and see white space available. Take a holistic approach to marketing and brand management efforts. Must be able to integrate brand messages through all verticals. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively.
Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Outlook primarily in MAC and PC environments. Ability to understand and effectively use technology and data management systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself and exchange information. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position at an office desk or table. The employee is occasionally required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to view computer monitors, Smart Phones and related technology devices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate within an office environment.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and a copy of their communications portfolio to email@example.com. Please include “Lead Communications Coordinator” in the email subject line. Phone calls and emails to DCPNI staff will not be accepted.
DCPNI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.