Job Title: Procurement Administrator
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary Work is performed under the Chief Operating Officer with the majority of work being performed in collaboration with external stakeholders and key personnel within the DCPNI staff. The Procurement Administrator is responsible for all phases of contract development and execution. This position also solicits and monitors the evaluation process for formal and informal bids and proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and directs day-to-day procurement activity by performing administrative duties that oversee purchases, contracts, programs and projects.
- Formulates and implements the strategic and operational plans to support DCPNI’s goals and objectives.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates procurement policies, projects, and programs by allocating resources to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Authorizes purchase orders/change requests for goods or services
- Makes recommendations, provides input on departmental issues and policies, and facilitates solutions to procurement challenges and risks facing the department.
- Responsible for ensuring procurement operations conform to local, state, and federal governmental regulations, other applicable rules and requirements, as well as assuring best practices are met.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and acts as a liaison by attending meetings, making presentations on policies and procedures, preparing correspondence, communicating with other departments, informing and advising departments and other groups on current trends and laws.
- Evaluates formal and informal bids and proposals for commodities and services to recommend the best alternatives. Analyzes purchasing contracts and agreements and interprets terms and conditions.
- Develops strategic partnerships and contacts with community representatives, external agencies, and other organizations to develop a sense of relevant issues facing our community and to respond as a representative of DCPNI.
Determines the method and source of a purchase. Prepares technical specifications and bid/proposal documents.
- Contract negotiation and the awarding of contracts based on the best bid; the various grades and qualities of commodities available to be purchased.
This job has no supervisory responsibility.
COMPETENCIES To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Oral/Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing or Business Administration from an accredited college/university (required), Master’s degree (preferred)
- One or more of the following certifications or the equivalent are preferred but not required: Certified Purchasing Consulting (CPC), Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated excellence in written communications including concept presentations and proposal writing
- Strong initiative, creative problem solving, and ability to prioritize without direct supervision
- Ability to accommodate unexpected changes and ambiguity that occur from time to time in nascent organizations such as DCPNI
- Ability to learn and grow through a professional development plan process.
- Strong commitment to expectation that children growing up in Kenilworth-Parkside can succeed in academics and college.
Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook primarily in MAC and PC environments. Ability to understand and effectively use technology for contract management and data management systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself and exchange information. The employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position at an office desk or table. The employee is occasionally required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to view computer monitors, Smart Phones and related technology devices.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate within an office environment.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter with salary preferences and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Procurement Administrator” in the email subject line. Phone calls and emails to DCPNI staff will not be accepted.
DCPNI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.