DC Promise Neighborhood Initiative (DCPNI) is seeking an OST Chavez Program Coordinator to support the work of the organization in The Cesar Chavez Parkside community. This position will plan and coordinate out-of-school time programming that aligns with the school day for students, parents, and school staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination and Events Planning:
- Coordinates DCPNI In-School Initiatives addressing out-of-school student and family opportunities, such as parent-teacher events, attendance programming, and other events as assigned;
- Manages & collects data from events and partners, provides feedback on site operations;
- Maintains frequent reporting to and receiving information from DCPNI personnel;
- Builds and maintains existing relationships with Cesar Chavez Parkside staff to coordinate events and activities that take place during out-of-school time hours;
- Ensures adequate individual space and utilization of shared space are given to all after school programs in the building.
Communication and Marketing:
- Responsible for creating of out-of-school time program marketing to students and parents;
- Communicate events with proper DCPNI and Chavez Parkside staff;
- Provide debrief reports on events to disseminate to DCPNI staff and other appropriate stakeholders.
Program Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Coordinates ongoing enrollment and promotional activities with to encourage higher attendance and student participation rates;
- Supports DCPNI’s evaluation plan and program monitoring activities by implementing tools, surveys and data collection activities as required;
- Completes reports and responds to internal/external project-related inquiries as required;
- Regularly monitors staff to student ratio and average event attendance to ensure compliance with DCPNI internal and federal budget stipulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education and/or related subject and three (3) years related experience working with community organizations; familiarity with youth enrichment needs and resources.
- Strong organizational, monitoring and interpersonal skills with proven trouble-shooting, coordination, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Experience working with diverse constituents and low-income families and children.
- Knowledge of public and charter school environments preferred.
- Background in youth development.
- Experience coordinating site initiatives in sometimes ambiguous environments and during non-traditional work hours
- Some experience in programming for older students who are disconnected from traditional school or work opportunities.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter with salary preferences and resume to [email protected]. Please include “OST Chavez Program Coordinator” in the email subject line. Phone calls and emails to DCPNI staff will not be accepted.